In this course, students will explore key concepts, ethical approaches and practices, and practical skills development for planning and evaluation in surgical care.
Prerequisite: SURG 510.
Upon successful completion of this course learners will:
- explain basic elements of program planning and evaluation in surgical care and illustrate linkages between health program planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- distinguish, examine, and assess different evaluation approaches
- understand professional standards, ethical guidelines, importance of community engagement, and the role of stakeholder involvement in program planning and evaluation
- develop program logic models and understand the linkages between their component parts
- apply a health program planning model and formulate an assessment plan for a particular population in a local or global context, including the use of relevant and appropriate data, information sources, and tools