Application Process for the Graduate Certificate in Global Surgical Care
The following is a summary of the steps you need to take to complete your application. If you have not done so already, review the section GCGSC Admission Requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program.
1. Ask your current or previous academic institution(s) to send us the following:
- A copy of your official transcripts. These records must be received in official university envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution. Please submit copies from each college and/or university you attended (or are currently enrolled). If these are not in English or French, please provide an official translation. If this requires opening a transcript, please order an extra one for yourself for this purpose. The transcripts received at UBC must be sealed by the issuing institution.
- If you are a UBC graduate please contact us regarding transcript requirements.
2. Send us the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Resume showing relevant experience and formal and/or continuing education that is not shown on your transcript(s).
- Cover letter with a Statement of Intent. It should be no longer than 500 words. Include your reasons for pursuing the certificate and highlight any of your experiences related to global surgical care.
3. If required, ask the testing centre to send your English Language test results directly to us.
Transcripts must be mailed directly to the Branch office at the address below. Application form, resume, and cover letter may be mailed, faxed or emailed.
Graduate Certificate in Global Surgical Care
Branch for International Surgical Care
Room 3129, 950 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel |604 875 5372
Fax | 604 875 4036